NeighborWorks Lincoln provides a HUD-approved pre-purchase course designed to prepare you for home ownership. The Homebuyer Education program is a series of four (4) in-person classes, typically held on the second and third Mondays and Wednesdays of each month, from 6 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
During the Homebuyer Education course, you will learn how to:
- analyze and manage finances, budget, and credit;
- evaluate housing affordability;
- work with realtors and banks;
- understand financial paperwork, closing costs, and the home buying process; and
- determine the amount of money needed for home purchase.
Homebuyer education is available for all Lincoln residents, regardless of income.
Due to program popularity, clients must sometimes wait 1 to 3 months before being accepted into a course. NeighborWorks maintains a waiting list, though, and clients are contacted when a spot is available. All adults in the household must attend all four (4) class sessions. Childcare may be available. If you have special needs or would be more comfortable in a course provided in a language other than English, please let us know and we will see what we can do.