The Spirit of Lincoln Neighborhood Awards recognize those in our community committed to creating strong, affordable, and inclusive neighborhoods. Since 1986, NeighborWorks Lincoln has worked with countless neighborhood champions, civic leaders, and organizations in selfless service to thousands of low- and moderate-income families in neighborhoods throughout Lincoln. This awards program honors the indomitable spirit of that work. Click here to see the list of past award winners.
- Advancing Affordable Housing recognizes an individual/group/institutional commitment to promoting, advancing, and advocating for affordable housing.
- Strengthening Neighborhoods, Individual honors a person whose leadership has had unique and positive outcomes at the neighborhood level.
- Strengthening Neighborhoods, Group highlights a formal association or grassroots movement working to strengthen a Lincoln neighborhood(s).
- Engaged Youth showcases a young adult(s) (max age 25) whose involvement is leaving a unique mark on their neighborhood(s) and quality of life in Lincoln.
- Real Estate Advocate in partnership with the Realtors Association of Lincoln, elevates a Realtor or Broker who has gone above and beyond to assist and advocate for low- and moderate-income buyers.
- Community Partner Award recognizes a formal NeighborWorks Lincoln partner who has helped the organization advance its work and increase impact across Lincoln.
- Lifetime of Service celebrates the sustained professional or volunteer contributions of a transcendent community leader to the advancement of affordable housing and community development.
The nomination form is closed for the 2023 SOLNA.
Nominations will be accepted May 31, 2023, through July 12, 2023. Honorees are celebrated at NeighborWorks Lincoln’s annual Opening Doors event, scheduled for September 28, 2023. All nominations are reviewed by a public jury that selects recipients for all but the Community Partner and Real Estate Advocate Awards, which are determined by the NeighborWorks Lincoln team and in partnership with the Realtors® Association of Lincoln, respectively. Nominators will be notified of the jury's selections by August 28, 2023.
Get your tickets today for Opening Doors 2023!