Committed to Healthy Neighborhoods
We strengthen neighborhoods across Lincoln by building homes and increased leadership capacity. Residents equipped with the tools they need to create inclusive communities are Lincoln’s best ambassadors. The Community Building program cultivates community relationships to help improve quality of life for all Lincoln residents through appreciative inquiry and an asset-based community development approach.
To learn more about asset-based community development visit: https://sustainingcommunity.wordpress.com/2013/08/15/what-is-abcd/
Another key focus of NeighborWorks Lincoln is the centering of historically marginalized neighborhoods and facilitation of power transfer, from institutions to residents.
Learn more about how NeighborWorks Lincoln provides support and resources to our neighbors as they leverage local strengths to formulate community-based solutions and transform their neighborhoods.
Neighborhood transformation is only possible when we all work together. We are proud to partner with the following groups toward these ends:
- City of Lincoln
- Civic Nebraska
- Collective Impact Lincoln
- Community Action Partnership
- Community Development Resources
- Healthy Lincoln Collaborative
- Lincoln Community Learning Centers
- Lincoln Cultural Centers
- Lincoln Homeless Coalition
- Nebraska Appleseed
- Nebraska Civic Engagement Table
- Neighborhood Associations
- Partnership for a Healthy Lincoln
…and many more. We work with many informal and place-based groups working to make their community a better place. If you would like to partner with NeighborWorks Lincoln, please contact us!!
Block Party on Wheels
The Block Party on Wheels Trailer is currently closed for the season. Please check back in Spring 2023 for more information about Block Party on Wheels rental and reservation requests.
Reserve the NeighborWorks Lincoln Block Party on Wheels for your next function! The portable trailer is filled with everything you need for your group’s next great party.
Things to know:
- Not-for-profit entities (including schools and churches) have priority use of the trailer and will be charged $100 plus a refundable $50 deposit to cover any damages. Groups are also responsible for any damages exceeding the deposit.
- For-profit entities will be charged $250 to reserve the trailer plus a refundable $50 deposit to cover any damages.
- The group reserving the trailer is responsible for obtaining all necessary reservations or permits for the event. (Check out the Block Party Guide if you are not sure what permits might be needed for your gathering).
- Unless otherwise arranged, standard trailer delivery and pick-up times are 8:00am to 10:00am and 7:00pm to 9:00pm, respectively. (Pick-up for evening events can be arranged for the following morning.)
Complete the reservation inquiry now and a team member will be in touch to confirm your reservation.
All requests must be submitted at least three weeks prior to the event date.